Föreläsningar och seminarier HI Conversations: What is, and what is not, in the black box of interoperability? OR Why is it not working?
Välkommen till HI Conversations med doktoranden Anna Rossander från Göteborgs universitet!
HI Conversations hålls på engelska!
Anna Rossander, PhD student at Göteborgs Universitet, Dept. of Applied IT, Division of Informatics
Online access to information, self-monitoring and digital communication are examples of health care utilizing digitalisation.
- But why is data not able to move from any source to anywhere (patient permitting), for example between different healthcare providers, patient devices and registries?
- Why are patients and staff forced to read novels instead of context-dependant overviews with possibilities to zoom in on relevant parts?
- Why is knowledge support still delivered as a PDF, instead of automatically being offered in screen in relevant situations?
- Why can researchers often only search data entered manually in a secondary system, instead of all data as it was documented?
- And why can’t the doctor see my smartwatch data?
Some answers to these questions lurk in the often black boxed interoperability “The ability of two or more systems or components to exchange information and to use the information that has been exchanged.”
In my research I explore ways to use Snomed CT to improve interoperability, so that what is entered can move unambiguously through systems.
Om du är doktorand kan du tillgodoräkna dig HI Conversations så länge ämnet är relevant för din forskning.