Annan Culture Week at Karolinska Institutet
Between October 14-18, 2019, Karolinska Institutet will host several events and activities to showcase the richness of talents and perspectives that make up our university.
KI Culture and Creativity Day October 18
Karolinska Institutet’s President, Cultural Council, and Medical Students’ Union (MF) invite all KI students, staff, and alumni to a programme of music, movement, illusion and cultural conversations.
The evening continues in the student union building with live music, a photo exhibition, light refreshments, and food for purchase. The program is free of charge, but space is limited and prior registration is required.
- 12:00 - 16:00 Original artwork by Ina Schuppe Koistinen (MTC) and Joakim Forsgren on display
- 15:45 - 16:00 Arrival music by Moa Pontén and Vera Kerstens (CNS)
- 16:00 - 18:00 Program in Erling Persson lecture hall
- 18:00 - 22:00 Culture Night Pub with refreshments and live music at MF (Nobels väg 10)
Culture Week Art Exhibition October 14-18
The art exhibition will feature original artwork and photography by KI students, staff and alumni, in addition to commissioned pieces by artist Joakim Forsgren.
- October 14, 16:00 - 17:30: Attend the art exhibition opening ceremony at Biomedicum (no registration required)
- October 14-18: Visit the KI Culture Week art exhibition in Biomedicum and the Medical Student Union (MF)
Musical performances by KI and MF choirs
- October 16 at 12:00: Photography exhibition with music by Biomusicum choir, Medical Students' Union (MF), Nobels väg 10
- October 16 at 16:30: A Scalpella choir will perform at Biomedicum, Solnavägen 9
Tours of Hagströmer Library - open for everyone
- October 16 and 17: Guided tours of Hagströmer Library are free. Each tour will have a special theme i.e. odontology, anatomy. Read more and register here
Open dance class - "The Groove" at MF
- October 17 from 17:30 - 19:00: Groove is the easiest dance class in the world with the core message “United-Unique”. Come as you are, ready for a full body workout with dance, mindfulness, creativity and joy. No previous experience is needed. The class will be led by Ina Schuppe Koistinen and Helena Hansson at the Medical Students' Union, Nobels väg 10.